CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING
Brainwave has construction & building products experience centers across South Africa & Europe.
We work with some of the industries largest multinational corporations and small and midsize businesses. We have learned that to be successful in construction you need to understand the business at a global, regional, country, local and project-by-project level.
We have experience working with companies across multiple areas of the industry including:
- Basic building materials (including cement, concrete, aggregates, brick, glass and other materials).
- Building products (including roofing, siding, lumber, plywood, OSB, insulation, wallboard, windows, doors, cabinets, countertops, HVAC, piping, plumbing fixtures/fittings, flooring, electrical products, paint and many other products).
- Infrastructure – Distribution and retail (spanning a wide range of distribution eco-systems). Homebuilding (including national and regional/local builders) Engineering, construction and procurement (EPC) (including all segments of the EPC value chain) and we have experience across multiple construction end-markets including residential, non-residential and public sector/infrastructure.
We work with our clients to address major management issues including:
- Developing corporate strategy to optimize the role of each product group in the portfolio of businesses.
- Creating and executing business unit growth strategies for individual countries and business areas.
- Optimising customer strategy & marketing segmenting markets and customers, designing the right product/service offering, optimising pricing and bid strategies, improving customer retention and loyalty, and aligning the sales force and key channel partners around the growth plan.
- Developing M&A strategies, evaluating potential deals through due-diligence and executing merger integrations for both corporate and private equity clients.
- Improving operating performance, including manufacturing optimization, supply chain strategy, procurement optimization, complexity reduction, SG&A redesign and cash and capital management.
- Increasing organizational effectiveness by addressing organizational design, decision-effectiveness, the role of the center, leadership supply, measures and incentives, and organizational culture.
- Enhancing IT performance through business alignment, IT complexity management, outsourcing and offshoring, and value delivery.